Prospective franchisee feedback is a priority to the Franchise Direct team and this year’s Franchise Industry Survey features comprehensive answers to some of the most relevant questions concerning the choices, goals, and motivations of our site users.
Reaching 558 respondents, the survey covers seven separate Q&A sections specifically focused on who our users are and how they research and decide on a franchise business venture.
Some of the primary topics and results of this survey are highlighted for our readers below. Answers to the complete survey are featured through the use of graphs and charts to clearly illustrate how our respondents deal with due diligence research and what aspects of franchising are of interest.
- Franchise Industry Survey 2013 Standout Results:
- The most popular franchise systems that gain the attention of many franchisees include a variety of food franchise segments and retail franchises, among others
- Franchisees want to be their own boss, with an aim for increased career independence topping the list of reasons for looking into franchising
- Respondents to the survey typically have management experience, and most respondents also have operated a business, though a large portion of respondents have no business operation experience
- 85% of respondents prefer to research franchise opportunities through online franchise directories
- Expert advice from attorneys and accountants continue to interest potential franchisees when making their investment decision and performing due diligence
- What matters to potential franchisees when researching franchises? The power and recognition of the brand name, the cost of the initial investment, and the potential profitability of the investment top franchisee concerns
To view the complete survey in greater detail, click here.