About this time last month (February 23 and 24), six members of the Franchise Direct team, two videographers and one hostess visited New Orleans for the IFA 2014 – the International Franchise Association's annual convention.
You may have seen our previous blog post on our experience traveling to the convention, but now it's time to share our biggest project from IFA 2014: YouTube videos. Who doesn't like YouTube videos?
While in New Orleans, we had the privilege of meeting several industry representatives, including franchisors. Fifteen of those representatives were nice enough to sit down for short (4-7 minute) videos.
The videos not only provide background on their respective companies, but also give prospective franchisees helpful tips about getting into franchising – no matter the industry they eventually settle in.
The representatives that sat down with us this year are:
- Jeffrey Krentzman with the cleaning business opportunity The BBQ Cleaner
- Angela Olea of Assisted Living Locators, a new concept in the senior-related franchise sector
- Tom Pabin of Class 101, a franchise helping high school students get to college
- Tim Courtney of CruiseOne, the nation's largest seller of cruise vacations
- Rick Kissane of JAN-PRO Cleaning Systems, one of the fastest growing franchises in the world
- Justin Livingston of Maui Wowi Hawaiian, the franchise offering coffee and smoothies with an “Aloha spirit”
- Richard Peterson with the childcare and education franchise Kiddie Academy
- Brian Birnbaum of Liquid Capital of America, a franchise that focuses on the financial needs of small and medium-sized business clients
- Bill Chemero of Jake’s Wayback Burgers, the fast-casual burger franchise
- Ted Milburn of popular baked goods franchise Nestle’s Toll House Café
- Brian Scudamore of You Move Me, an emerging franchise in the moving industry
- Brian Gross of Bach to Rock, the music school for students across the country
- David Lewis of Express Employment Professionals, the franchise to help people grow their careers
- Emma Dickison of Home Helpers, a leader in senior care franchising
- Chris Adkins of The UPS Store, the largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business services centers
Watch now or bookmark the page for viewing later, we promise you'll learn some very interesting things about several different business areas in short period of time.
Plus, in addition to business background, in the videos you’ll uncover little facts such as:
- Why Bach to Rock can trace its roots to the prestigious Juilliard School,
- How Home Helpers began from a son’s concern for his father,
- Why Express Employment Professionals is giving franchisees the opportunity to get $31,000 in capital for their franchises (hint: act fast!), and
- How The UPS Store hopes a new concept will help them get closer to “main street” USA.
To view the full 2014 playlist, please click here: Franchise Direct IFA 2014 YouTube Playlist.
(And while you're there subscribe to our channel, it'd be very much appreciated.)