- Oct 14, 2009: IFA’s CEO and President Matt Shay gives testimony to the U.S. House of Representatives, Small Business Committee on the need to free up capital for franchising systems
- Sep 30, 2009: Dina Dwyer Owens, CEO of franchising firm The Dwyer Group and this year’s chairwoman of the IFA, gives testimony (see video) to the U.S. House of Representatives, Small Business Committee asking for the perpetual extension of expiring tax reductions such as the death tax. She also asked for a tax credit for veterans buying franchises.
- Sep 10, 2009: IFA advertises on the impact of the credit crunch. The ad was placed during public affairs conference
- Jul 23, 2009: IFA leaders meet with the Treasury, Federal Bank and Small Business Administration
- July 16, 2009: Matt Shay appears on Fox Business News
- A leader of the Great American Cookie Independent Franchisee Association and a franchisee, Lawrence “Doc” Cohen testified before the U.S. House of Representatives Small Business Committee that the SBA needed to improve its small business financing programs
- Jan 28, 2009: IFA sends a letter to the SBA on the need to not cap lenders ability to finance “goodwill” at $250,000
- Jan 22, 2009: IFA attends the U.S. Conference of Mayors and pitches the importance of franchising to the economic development of their municipalities
- Jan 14, 2009: IFA urges Congress to take steps to increase small business access to credit
- Dec 23, 2008: The IFA urges Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson to use the Troubled Assets Relief Program to improve small business loans
Your Request List
You can add items by clicking the "Add to Request List" button or checkbox when you find something you're interested in.
You may add up to 15 items to your Request List
Your request list will follow you around the site.
When you are ready to complete your request for free information, click "Submit" in your Request List.
You may only enter 15 items in your Request List.
To request information from your selected companies, just fill in the form and click "Submit".
Request Info From:
Your List is Empty
You can add items by checking the "Request FREE Info" boxes.
* indicates required field