Children's Franchise Opportunities
Featured Franchise Skyhawks Sports Camps
Skyhawks is the nation’s leader in sports programs for children, and a brand with national exposure and appeal that offers you a dependable and rewarding business to own.
Trends and Facts About Children's Franchises
Related Children's Franchises Articles
1. The market for providing children’s services and products is huge and growing. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are more than 74 million children in the United States. This number is projected to increase to approximately 80.3 million by 2030.
2. Spending on children is also rising, with both parent and grandparents driving that trend. And kids themselves now have more personal money to spend. As a proportion of total child-rearing expenses, housing accounts for the largest share. Child care/education and food are the next largest average expenditures.
3. It’s estimated that parents will spend about $170-400 thousand to raise a child from birth to 18 years old (dependent upon income level). Expenses include child care, education, health care, and clothing, housing, food, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses.
4. The New York Times estimated that American families spend over $16 billion in the summer alone on children (activities and child care).
5. There are several distinct trends in children’s franchises and businesses. Those who work best with children are patient, energetic, enthusiastic, empathetic and a bit imaginative, since kids are naturally attracted to the realms of fantasy and magic.