Food Franchise Opportunities
Featured Franchise Go-Grill
Go-Grill extends the nutritious and health-conscious menu offered across the Fresh & Healthy Brands family with a whole new approach to grilled items. Join the hottest food concept!
Trends and Facts About Food Franchises
Related Food Franchises Articles
- Friday Franchising News - October 7
- Friday Franchising News - August 12
- What You Need to Know About the Food Franchise Industry Report 2016
- Friday Franchising News - July 8
- Food Franchise Industry Report 2016
- Friday Franchising News - June 17
- Friday Franchising News - June 10
- Food Franchises Galore!
- Friday Franchising News - June 3
- 2016 Top 100 Global Franchises: Overview & Headlines
- Friday Franchising News - February 5
- More Franchises Moving Across the Border into Mexico
- Food Franchise Report 2015: Franchises Make Changes to Meet Consumer Desires
- Food Franchise Industry Report 2015
- Food Franchise Industry Report 2015: Industry Trends
- Food Franchise Industry Report 2015: Choosing a Food Franchise
- Food Timeline
- A Look at McDonald's Fast Food Franchise Success
- 10 Food Trends and 10 Up-and-Coming Food Franchises That Embody Them
- U.S. Schools & Wholesome Tummies Join Forces for Healthier Kids
- How Food Franchises Adapt for Today’s Changing Consumers
- Food Franchise Industry Report 2014: Report Overview
- Food Franchise Industry Report 2014: Industry Segment Overviews
- Food Franchise Industry Report 2014: Big Industry Trends
- Food Franchise Industry Report 2014: Investing in a Food Franchise
Investments for a food franchise can range from the thousands of dollars (for vending machines or other small ventures) to the hundreds of thousands of dollars and beyond (for full service restaurants).
When most people think of food franchising they think of McDonald’s largely because of the consistency and uniformity – two of the main features of franchise systems. Though food franchising is most often associated with fast food, the industry also includes barbeque, coffee, pizza, ice cream, candy, smoothies, pretzels and more.
Five fast facts about the food franchise industry:
- Food related franchises make up more than one-third of the total number franchise establishments in the U.S. and account for over half of the total number of franchise employees.
- According to Statista, sales in U.S. restaurants and bars should reach over $490 billion for 2015.
- In 2015, the top states for restaurant sales growth are Arizona, Florida, North Dakota, Texas and Colorado (source: National Restaurant Association).
- Food franchises don’t only need to be concerned about competition from each other. Convenience stores have been steadily increasing their food service footprint as well.
- Subway is the largest food franchise in world (not counting convenience stores) in terms of units with 44,295 (as of September 30, 2015).