The Dog House
Description: The Dog House is family owned and operated and has been serving hungry customers for over 45 years. Our philosophy is simply to serve a fresh product at a fair price and always with fast and friendly service. Opportunities: Single, multi-unit, area developer opportunities available in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Master licensees available in North Carolina. Business Type: Franchise. Minimum Cash Required: $110,000. Financing Assistance: Yes, through a third party. Training Provided: Yes.
Possible 20% discount on franchise fee for veterans.
Special Veterans Offer
See Sidebar for More Details
Don't Get Stuck with a Mutt
Try a Real Dog
Good Food at Great Prices! Serving The Best Hot Dogs in Town and More...
In business since 1970, the Dog House is a North Carolina-based company that serves a variety of delicious hot dogs, BBQ sandwiches and signature sides at affordable prices with fast and friendly service. The model is fun, trendy and convenient. The concept is attractive to people of all demographics allowing for a wide range of possible locations that would fit the Dog House business model.
- Our fresh ingredients and family’s recipe’s create our fabulous menu with a variety of mouthwatering hot dogs that are named after dog breeds.
- Our buildings are literally shaped and painted like dog houses and even the trash cans are shaped like fire hydrants.
- This brings curious new customers to the door while our delicious products and home-made recipes keep them coming back. It is not unusual for customers to stop and take pictures of the buildings.
Simple Operating Model
- Stores can operate efficiently with 2-3 employees.
- There are no recipes to prepare and menu items are easy to heat and serve meaning health department requirements are easy to meet.
- Indoor customer seating is not offered in current locations which means turnover is not limited by available seats.
- Our store hours offer a life/work balance. We operate Monday through Saturday and the stores are open from 10:00 AM until either 7:00, 8:00 or 9:00 PM at the owner's discretion.
Large Market Demand
In 2015 retails sold $2.5 billion in hot dogs. Restaurant sales of hot dogs are continuing to increase with companies like Burger King entering the market. Proving the stability of the market, the Dog House has been in business for 45 years with effective operations manuals, training guides and ways of working successfully.
Fun Place to Work
The Dog House restaurants offers a fun work environment with everybody in the store trained to do everything. Unlike some fast food restaurants where employees only work the register or only make the food, all Dog House employees get to participate in every aspect of the daily operation.
Interested in our franchise?
Find out more by submitting the form below!