Health and Beauty Franchise Opportunities
Featured Franchise MassageLuXe®
Whether you are a first time franchisee or an experienced business owner, MassageLuXe franchise systems empower you to get more out of what you want from your business and your life.
Trends and Facts About Health & Beauty Franchises
Related Health & Beauty Franchises Articles
Health and beauty franchises fall into several categories: hair styling, skin care, dieting, fitness centers, tanning salons, and day spas are the most common. Because good health and beauty are always desirable, many of these businesses are recession resistant – people always want to look and feel good.
1. Hair and nail care salons account for revenue of $48 billion yearly in the U.S. alone.
2. Though hair care franchises typically require a substantial investment (often $100,000+), the reward potential is high too. Several hair care franchises, including Supercuts, Fantastic Sams, and Sports Clips, have been cited for their success and growth potential in well-respected publications such as Entrepreneur Magazine, Franchise Times, and USA Today.
3. Other segments of the industry include beauty, cosmetics and fragrance (estimated $13 billion in yearly revenue); health and wellness spas ($15 billion) and tanning ($5 billion).
4. There is considerable overlap between the beauty industry and the fitness industry. To learn more about the fitness sector (including weight loss and diet) of the health and beauty industry, click on the Fitness Franchises section.
5. The U.S. Department of Labor projects the industry to grow faster than the average for all occupations through at least 2018.
6. One of the fastest growing consumer bases in the industry is men. Euromonitor International projects steadily annual growth rates due to increases in men’s grooming that will add millions in revenue for the industry at large.