Health and Beauty Franchise Opportunities
Featured Franchise Spavia Day Spa
Spavia was created in 2005 as the pioneer of a neighborhood concept spa. Years later, we have perfected the concept! Our owners can't imagine a business concept more fulfilling than Spavia.
Trends and Facts About Health & Beauty Franchises
Related Health & Beauty Franchises Articles
Health and beauty franchises fall into several categories: hair styling, skin care, dieting, fitness centers, tanning salons, and day spas are the most common. Because good health and beauty are always desirable, many of these businesses are recession resistant. People always want to look and feel good.
1. Hair salons account for revenue of more than $42 billion yearly in the U.S. alone.
2. Though hair care franchises typically require a substantial investment (often $100,000+), the reward potential is high too. Several hair care franchises, including Supercuts, Fantastic Sams, and Sports Clips, have been cited for their success and growth potential in well-respected publications such as Entrepreneur Magazine, Franchise Times, and USA Today.
3. Other major segments of the industry include beauty, cosmetics and fragrance stores (estimated $20 billion in yearly revenue); health and wellness spas ($16 billion); massage services ($12 billion); personal waxing and nail salons ($11 billion); and tanning salons ($3 billion).
4. The U.S. Department of Labor projects the industry to grow faster than the average for all occupations through at least 2018.
5. One of the fastest growing consumer bases in the industry is men. Euromonitor International projects steadily annual growth rates due to increases in men’s grooming that will add millions in revenue for the industry at large.
6. There is considerable overlap between the beauty industry and the fitness industry. To learn more about the fitness sector (including weight loss and diet) of the health and beauty industry, visit or fitness franchises section.