Home Services Franchise Opportunities
Featured Franchise Mr. Appliance
Mr. Appliance servicing and repair is a needed and repetitive service in a highly fragmented industry. You manage the business. Your technicians provide the service.
Trends and Facts About Home Services Franchises
Related Home Services Franchises Articles
- Real Estate and Home Improvement Franchise Report 2014
- Real Estate and Home Improvement Franchise Industry Impact Trends
- Real Estate and Home Improvement Franchise Investment Information
- Home Services Business Review
- Home Improvement Industry Report 2011 - Franchise Information (4)
- Home Improvement Industry Report 2011 - Industry Trends (3)
- Home Improvement Industry Report 2011 - DIY vs Contract Services (2)
- Home Improvement Industry Report 2011 (1)
- Start Your Own Home Services Franchise
- Start a Home Improvements Franchise
- Seasonal Franchises
- Janitorial Franchises
- Cabinet Restoration Franchises
- Handyman Franchises
- Home Building Franchises
Home services franchises cover a large number of areas including, but not limited to, repair, maintenance, renovation, moving and storage. Many franchises in this industry can fall into one or more other franchise segments.
1. The U.S. Department of Labor projects the general maintenance and repair workers industry to grow about as fast as the average through 2020.
2. The home services franchise industry took a blow, but didn’t get hit as hard as the general real estate market during the recession. Instead of moving, many homeowners sought services to freshen up their home from minor renovations like painting to major renovations like bathroom or kitchen remodels.
3. Another aspect of industry growth has been referred to as “aging in place.” As Baby Boomers age, a large number want to remain in their homes. This leads to modifications that allow them to live in their homes comfortably as long as possible.
4. Consumer interest in sustainability, also referred to as green living, will factor into future industry growth. People are becoming more environmentally aware in regards to materials and are also looking to improve the energy efficiency of their homes.