Unishippers Global Logistics
Description: Unishippers has grown into the largest reseller of complete shipping services in the country, with a long history of helping entrepreneurs build their dreams in an industry that never goes out of style. Opportunities: Franchises available throughout the United States. Business Type: Franchise. Minimum Cash Required: $75,000. Training Provided: Yes. Home-based: Yes. SBA-Approved: Yes.
Interview with Chip Baranowski of Unishippers
Unishippers Global Logistics:
From a Simple Business-to-Business Concept to a
Beaming Model of American Franchising
Founded in 1987, Unishippers Global Logistics has grown into the largest reseller of complete shipping services in the country – with 50,000 customers, close to 300 franchise locations and a long history of helping entrepreneurs build their dreams in an industry that never goes out of style.
Our company provides small to medium-sized businesses with a complete line of express, ground, freight and international shipping options at discounts and with a level of customer service that firms of their size would not be able to receive on their own. Our buying power and network of over 30 leading shipping partners – including UPS®, YRC Freight, Saia®, and Estes – create cost-effective solutions for services that almost all businesses need.
Our franchise opportunity is a solid one. Just look at some of the benefits:
- Novel Simplicity – Because your future customers are already using shipping services, the savings and convenience that Unishippers deliver are easily understood and easy to sell. Our shipping providers – with names that customers know and trust – handle all the pickup and delivery, while you collect residuals on every shipment and enjoy years of income from each sale.
- Ease of Operation – With no need to invest in expensive equipment or staff, and with the available option of operating out of a home office, start-up costs and overhead are relatively low. There are also considerable lifestyle advantages as most of your work takes place during normal business hours and there’s no out-of-town travel.
- Sales & Marketing Expertise – As a sales-driven organization, we’ve invested in top-tier sales management talent and a proprietary sales process to equip you for success. Our marketing department provides franchisees with some of the most effective and efficient marketing tools in franchising, and is constantly refining and expanding our library of materials.
- Superior Training and Support – Our intensive sales training is a “hands-on” process, taught in such realistic learning environments as live telephone labs, computer workshops, virtual classes and your own office. Every owner in our organization has an assigned “FRS” (franchise relations and support) consultant to provide one-on-one attention to any and all concerns.
- Headache-Free Technology – We’ve committed more dollars and resources to technology and development than anyone else in our business category. Our in-house technology team is focused on providing you with cutting-edge, yet user-friendly online applications and software programs. All of our tools are web-based, eliminating the need for IT expertise at the franchise level.
Over twenty-five years after our first franchise was sold, Unishippers today is an ongoing success story and enjoys a stellar reputation from coast to coast. We have grown into a time-tested and proven opportunity for entrepreneurs, and a beaming model of American franchising.