It’s National Consumer Protection Week March 2-8, a nationwide campaign dedicated to encouraging people to make better-informed decisions about finances, health, privacy and technology. To help make it easier for small businesses to make smart decisions, The UPS Store® announced the addition of several companies to their small business solutions site. The site presents exclusive offers for a variety of services and products small business owners may look to outsource.
Results from an online survey of small business owners* indicated nearly all respondents (93%) would consider using a The UPS Store small business site resource.
The UPS Store introduced these additional business services, available through the Small Business Solutions site, in an effort to further support its small business customers with services that can aid in day-to-day operations, planning, and secured information storage and delivery. To date, nearly one million** customers have utilized the site, providing access to exclusive content and offers from a variety of service providers. The new additions include exclusive services from:
- 8x8, Inc., providing business phone service that allows small businesses to communicate and connect with their customers while they are in the office or on the go.
- AccountingDepartment.com, offering accounting, bookkeeping and controller services, providing small businesses with the data they need through financial statements, budgets, forecasts and dashboards.
- Act! from Swiftpage, providing a contact and customer manager used by individuals, small businesses and sales teams to organize prospects and customer details in one place.
- CAN Capital, offering small business customers access to working capital for things like opening a new location, purchasing new equipment or adding to inventory.
- Constant Contact, offering email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing and online survey tools to help all types of small businesses and organizations find new customers, drive repeat business and generate referrals.
- eVoice® from J2 Global, providing a virtual phone solution that lets small businesses answer, manage and route business calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Vionic®, providing a social media deals platform for small business owners to market their products and services on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Wise Business Plans™, specializing in creating professionally-written business plans for small business owners.
More than half* of small business owners taking the survey indicated they rely on outside resources for help, because they simply don’t have time to do it all.
“We know small business owners wear many hats and are pulled in multiple directions,” said Michelle Van Slyke, vice president of marketing and small business solutions at The UPS Store. “Seeking outside expertise is a must, but knowing where to turn can be challenging. We make it easy for business owners to make informed decisions by sharing exclusive offers, information and resources for small business owners.”
With more than 4,400 locations, The UPS Store network comprises the nation’s largest franchise system of retail shipping, postal, print and business service centers. The UPS Store locations in the U.S. are independently owned and operated by licensed franchisees of The UPS Store, Inc., a subsidiary of UPS (NYSE:UPS). Services, pricing and hours of operation may vary by location.
*Results based on a survey of 107 The UPS Store customers, conducted between 05/20-06/04 2013 via The UPS Store’s internal small business owner community.
**Statistics pulled from Google Analytics website metrics.
Contact The UPS Store for information about franchise opportunities.