Health-conscious Americans craving low-calorie meals and snacks often reach for a smoothie without realizing those tasty drinks can have a lot of sugar and calories. That’s why Planet Smoothie, one of the nation’s longest-standing smoothie chains, has launched Planet Lite - a new line of 10 delicious smoothies with fewer than 300 calories.
There’s tremendous interest in healthy dining options and Better Mornings Atlanta recently asked Planet Smoothie franchise owners Karen Hendrix and Kristin Scott to discuss the new menu items for CBS Atlanta viewers.
Morning show host Stefan Chase tried the Lean Green Extreme, made with pineapple, mango, banana, leafy greens and Planet Pro Veg protein (a vegan protein supplement developed by Planet Smoothie).
“Why am I not tasting any of the veggies in this thing?” Stefan asked, after sipping the smoothie. The answer: Planet Smoothie created a perfect blend designed to taste as great as its nutritionals.
“We have answered Americans’ craving for low-calorie, low-fat, low-cholesterol, on-the-go meals and snacks that taste great, with real ingredients for a healthier lifestyle,” says Donna Smith, VP of Marketing at Planet Smoothie.
Planet Smoothie’s proprietary sweetener
All of the new Planet Lite 22-ounce smoothies are sweetened with the company’s proprietary LeanLeaf sweetener, made from a blend of agave and stevia, two of the sweetest plants on the planet. The sweetener is anywhere from 40 to 300 times sweeter than sucrose, the chief component of sugar, making the Planet Lite smoothies taste great with fewer calories and a lower sugar content than most competitors.
Consumers can also request add-ins to the Planet Lite line of healthy, trending ingredients like leafy greens (Swiss chard, kale and spinach) and/or supplements of vitamins and proteins to increase energy and burn fat.
The new Planet Lite line includes:
- 2 Piece Bikini – strawberries, bananas, vanilla, nonfat milk and fat burner blast supplement
- Crazy Bee – mangos, strawberries, honey and a multivitamin supplement
- Leapin’ Lizard – peaches, strawberries and fat burner blast supplement
- Lunar Lemonade – strawberry or raspberry, lemonade, bananas and fat burner blast supplement
- Mediterranean Monster – strawberries, bananas, splash of orange juice and fat burner blast supplement
- Pina Colada – banana or strawberry, coconut, pineapple, nonfat milk, vanilla, fat burner blast supplement
- Strawberry Aphrodite – strawberries, bananas, Greek yogurt
- Screamsicle – pineapples, peaches, orange juice, frozen yogurt, orange sherbet, multivitamin or immunity supplement.
“Some people don’t come near the suggested daily requirements of fruits and veggies because they don’t like them, or they don’t have time to shop for and cook with them,” says Donna Smith. “The Planet Lite line and the add-ins are an easy way to improve your diet in a delicious-tasting drink that doesn’t require much effort or planning.”
Planet Smoothie’s leadership team has more than 100 years of combined experience helping franchisees launch businesses. Contact Planet Smoothie for more information.