Pet Franchise Opportunities
Featured Franchise Wag N’ Wash
Wag N’ Wash's "one cool place" is quickly turning into many cool places as we continue to select new business savvy, animal crazy humans to become Wag N’ Wash franchise owners.
Trends and Facts About Pet Franchises
Related Pet Franchises Articles
- What to Expect When Starting a Franchise for Pets
- 5 Franchise Options for Creative Minded People
- Friday Franchising News - October 21
- Tips for Starting Your Own Pet Franchise
- Pet Franchise Industry Report 2015
- Trends for Pet Franchise Industry and Conclusion
- Pet Franchise Related Fees and Information
- Pet Franchise Industry Overview
- Pet Franchise Industry Report
1. Americans spend a lot to care for their animal family members. According to According to the 2013-2014 APPA (American Pet Products Association) National Pet Owners Survey, 68 percent of U.S. households own a pet, which equates to 82.5 million homes.
2. Of the roughly 82.5 million homes with a pet, approximately 56.7 percent own a dog. The rest of the breakdown is as follows: cats (45.3 percent), freshwater fish (14.3), birds (6.9), small animals such as hamsters (6.9), reptiles (5.6), horses (2.8), and saltwater fish (1.8).
3. The amount of total pet expenditures in the U.S. has steadily increased every year for the past 20 years, even in times of economic downturn, according to APPA. Estimated expenditures for 2013 are expected to top $55 million.
4. In 2012, over $53 billion was spent on pets in the U.S. Food was the number one category for spending ($20.64 billion), followed by supplies/OTC medicine ($12.65 billion), vet care ($13.67 billion), pet services: grooming & boarding ($4.16 billion), and live animal purchases ($2.21 billion).
5. For those who want to own a pet-related business, there are many options to choose from and a positive outlook for the industry’s future. Choices range from traditional pet and pet supply retail stores, to specialized boarding facilities, to professional grooming, even waste disposal.
6. According to the US Census Bureau, the average establishment in the pet industry is truly a small business. The bureau also forecasts job growth to mirror or be faster than the average for the different parts of the industry through 2020.
7. Americans love their pets and will continue to spend money for all types of services and products to make their animals happy and healthy. Find your franchise match today!