Featured Franchise CruiseOne
Owning a CruiseOne franchise is the perfect opportunity to explore business ownership with tremendous rewards. The company's flexible "work-from-anywhere" environment makes this a great franchise opportunity.
Cruise Planners, an American Express Representative
Stop dreaming, start planning with the #1 cruise travel franchise! Low investment, low risk opportunity with high...
Min. Cash Required:
Trends and Facts About Travel Franchises
Related Travel Franchises Articles
Even during recession periods, travel franchises will always have a place in the market – people like to get away. Here are some fast facts on the industry from the U.S. Travel Association:
1. Travel is the #1 U.S. service export.
2. 2.7% of the country's gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to travel and tourism.
3. 84% of travel companies are considered small businesses.
4. In 2014, direct spending on leisure travel by domestic and international travelers totaled $644.9 billion.
5. More than 3 out of every 4 domestic trips taken are for leisure purposes (78%).
6. 5.7 million jobs are directly supported by leisure travel. In total, 15 million jobs are supported by travel expenditures (directly and indirectly).
7. A growing trend in the travel industry is “green” travel and eco-tourism.