Featured Franchise Expedia CruiseShipCenters
Expedia CruiseShipCenters is North America's largest retail travel agency franchise and a leading seller of cruise travel. Build equity and enjoy a great lifestyle with our proven franchise model with 29+ years of success.
Cruise Planners, an American Express Representative
Stop dreaming, start planning with the #1 cruise travel franchise! Low investment, low risk opportunity with high...
Min. Cash Required:
Trends and Facts About Travel Franchises
Related Travel Franchises Articles
Even during recession periods, travel franchises will always have a place in the market – people like to get away. Below are some fast facts on the industry. You can read more on the industry through the U.S. Travel Association:
1. 1 out of 9 U.S. jobs depend on travel and tourism. The travel industry supports more than 8.1 million U.S. jobs.
2. The travel industry has created jobs at a faster rate (12.8%) than the rest of the economy (10.1%) from the beginning of the overall employment recovery in early 2010 to the end of 2015.
3. Travel ranks as the 7th ranked industry in terms of employment compared to other major private industry sectors.
4. In 2015, domestic and international travelers spent $947 billion in the U.S., which breaks down to approximately $2.6 billion a day, $108.1 million an hour, $1.8 million a minute and $30,033 a second.
5. Leisure travel accounted for 79.2% of all U.S. domestic travel in 2015.
6. According to the CLIA 2015 Annual Report, 75% of cruisers opted to book their vacations using a travel agent.
7. For travel agencies, about 55% of revenue comes from reservation and travel booking with the remaining 45% spread across tour arranging, purchasing event ticket purchasing, and itinerary planning.
8. The number of millennials who own a cruise franchise has increased by nearly 20% in the last four years.
9. Food service and lodging are the top two spending categories by domestic and international travelers.
10. Growing areas in the travel industry are “green” travel and eco-tourism.