When economic shifts hit cities, states, countries, and eventually the entire globe, how might entrepreneurial minded individuals choose to keep their franchise business idea alive? When selling what remains in demand regardless of the economic climate, franchisees thrive.
Changes in annual business revenue, in the flow of outgoing supply each month, and in the overall franchise industry does not change what people need and what they must afford.
To keep a business alive, even if certain shifts do occur, is to continually seek worthwhile ways to contribute to the lives of customers in your industry.
Consider some of these franchise industry statistics for 2012:
- Recent advances in the industry overall surpass any before experienced since 2007
- 2.2% increase in franchise business index
- 1.5% increase in franchise establishments
- New franchise-based jobs created reach 167,000 from 150,000 in 2011
How are certain franchise industries making this kind of growth possible? How can new and existing franchisees be involved in this growth and promote its continuation?
Maintenance and home service franchises are part of a resilient industry that remains in-demand as consumers seek assistance with aspects of home or business repair that they cannot do themselves. This can include areas such as:
- safety or risk management and emergency repairs
- pest control and seasonal outdoor work
- window restoration and indoor floor resurfacing
- outdoor aquatic maintenance and gardening
- electrical, plumbing, and gas services (energy-focused also)
Business is always better when there is a steady demand for a necessary service. The growth within the franchise industry is even more accessible to those offering practical services that are community-focused, prompting habitual client return and word of mouth promotion.
Franchises that maintain the relevancy of their brand, their services, and their development are more likely to continue to develop and stay in stride with industry advancement. Maintenance services are marketable, needed, part of everyday life for many, can allow franchisees to grow their business offering locals a unique service, and are linked with a better quality of life.