Home-based Franchise Opportunities and Work from Home Franchises
Featured Franchise American Business Systems
20 years as America's leader in Medical Billing, with unparallelled training and support. $100k potential. Work from anywhere, full-time or part-time. Come join our success!
Cruise Planners, an American Express Representative
Stop dreaming, start planning with the #1 cruise travel franchise! Low investment, low risk opportunity with high...
Min. Cash Required:
Trends and Facts About Home-based Franchises
Related Home-based Franchises Articles
Franchising isn’t just about restaurants and retail stores. There are plenty of home-based franchise opportunities available. Some of the most popular and successful include computer consulting, tutoring, senior/home care, landscaping, cleaning and janitorial, financial consulting, marketing services, and home décor (which can range from floors to windows to painting).
1. According to the Small Business Administration, more than half of all U.S. businesses are based out of the owner’s home.
2. According to Forbes, there are almost 28 million small businesses in the US and over 22 million are self-employed with no additional payroll or employees (these are called non-employers).
3. Small businesses generate about 40 percent of all business receipts in the U.S., around $11 billion annually.
4. 19.4 million non-employer businesses are sole proprietorships, 1.6 million are partnerships and 1.4 million are corporations.
5. While convenient, home-based businesses can require a greater time, energy & even monetary commitment than some other jobs. Running a business from home requires strict discipline for separating your home life from your professional commitment. If you can stay focused, ignore distractions, and keep to a schedule, it could be the right option for you.